Principles underpinning Professional Educators and Managers Ireland.
- Recognizes and upholds the young child’s right to quality experiences while attending Early Childhood and School Age settings
- Recognizes the critical contribution of the Early Childhood and School Age profession to civic, social and economic society
- Values parents as the child’s primary educator
- Upholds professional integrity in all aspects of work with children, parents, families, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Values the critical role of the Early Childhood and School Age professional in helping parents to support their child’s learning and development, health, welfare and well-being
- Values and respects all Early Childhood and School Age professionals at all levels in the profession