MCDAR is a confidential community service providing a range of services to individuals and family members who may be experiencing difficulties with addiction. We operate our service on mutual respect, dignity, and equality. We are a safe non-judgemental environment where issues underpinning addiction can be explored. Our service is an over 18’s service and anyone can make a referral to MCDAR.
- Harm reduction
- Key Working
- Group Work, Stabilisation Group and Strengthening Families Programme
- Family Support
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a community based, needs led. Harm reduction and treatment rehabilitation service for those living in Meath experiencing difficulties with substance misuse.
- To ensure families are provided with appropriate information and support.
- Operate through a coordinated approach to interagency work.
- To raise awareness of the problems caused by alcohol and substance misuse for the individual. The family and the community.
MCDAR is core funded through HSE Social Inclusion Allocation to the North Eastern Region Drug & Alcohol Task Force. NERDATF.